Raipur : Judicial probe ordered in the case of sudden death of cattle in cowsheds : Retd District and Session Judge Mr. AK Samant to probe the case
Raipur, 28 August 2017
In the backdrop of sudden death of cattle reported in Shagun Gaushala of Rajpur village in Dhamdha block of Durg district on August 16, Phoolchand Gaushala in village Godmarra and Mayuri Gaushala of Rano village of Saja block in Bemetara district on August 18, State Government has constituted single-member investigation commission. Ex-Principal Secretary and retired District and Session Judge Mr. AK Samant Re will be investigating the case. Investigation Commission will submit the report within three months.
Points of judicial are as follows:-
1. How many cattle died and the cause of death?
2. Were these incidents avoidable? Who is responsible for the incident?
3. What improvements are needed for overall management of cowsheds to avoid recurrence of such incidents?
4. Improvements required to make the system of cowshed registration, subsidy and survey more effective?
5. How can the provisions of laws for ensuring proper management of cowsheds be made more effective?
6. Other points of public importance, which the committee finds necessary for investigation.